Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Falling in

THE FALL (2006)


You know those movies that you've been told to watch forever, and you just don't. For no reason in particular. And then when you do, they were so damn right, and you're all like, "what the hell took me so long?"
This is that movie for me.

First let me say this, this film is beautiful. Unbelievably beautiful. Directed by Tarsem (the man behind THE CELL), you could expect nothing less. If you are interested in the art of film, the structure of scene, and the placement of color, and actor, this is your movie. Brilliant. It is rare these days to witness a film that doesn't take the easy road out to dazzle your mind. No big computer effects, and cheap react 3D scenes. This is time, and a love for what is Cinema. A means to move you from your living room to another plane, or simply wrap within your imagination. Its all this.

A man sits in a hospital bed, suicidal. He befriends a young girl. Who I tell you is unfreaking believable. You will not be able to catch the young girl acting. I'm not even sure if she knows she's in a movie, she is that good. I felt my heart strings being pulled, any parent will succumb, prepare yourself. He entertains her with a tale pulled from the recesses of his mind. As they journey through the story, a second tale, in the real world unfolds, The two become intertwined, and eventually the lines between begin to blur.

I will not debate the story. It almost feels unimportant. The acting is so great, and the movie is so much fun to watch, I honestly didn't care. As a critic can i say that? Well it's not like I'm legit, or get invited to the damn meetings... so screw them...I do what I want yo! Sorry... just came out like that.
However... the story, and when it comes to conclusion, it might just take your breath away a little. Have you seen Memento? If you have you might have a slight idea what you're in for ...

movie scale 4 out of 5 stars - I can't give it lower than that. Find a friend with hi-def... Break out the medicine cabinet... I mean... Um... crap. Chips... I meant chips... yeah... smoke some chips... :)
Drama scale 3.5 out of 5 stars

Gorgeous... must watch for any true fan out the art form that is ever so seldom remembered in today's tech obsessed silver screen society

-Charles Boonsweet saying... No means no, unless she is smiling and her eyes are closed... and then it means... "*&%$#45^^& me"

No comments: